How do you enable Development Mode using JIRA server

Denise Architetto July 8, 2016

When I go to manage add-ons, click the settings link, I believe i should see a way to enable development mode per the directions here: https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/guides/development-setup.html#enable-development-mode

However, for my server instance of JIRA, the settings dialog shows this, with no way to turn on development mode. How can I turn on development mode?

image2016-7-8 12:14:34.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2016

This developer mode is for Cloud, not Server.

Denise Architetto July 8, 2016

Does that mean the only way to run a cloud based plugin would be to run it though Atlassian Connect Express in a JIRA standalone development environment (atlas-run-standalone)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2016

No, you can run it on a Cloud development service as well - as explained in the doc you linked to.  But that's not a server edition of JIRA, it's a Cloud install.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events