How do I link an Issue/Task to an Epic?

rachael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2019

I'm new to Jira so I made the mistake of making all these Tasks, subtasks of an Epic instead of just dragging and dropping them in the Epic.  Now I'm unassigning the task but I can't seem to be able to drag and drop these issues/tasks that are in progress...

1 answer

0 votes
sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

If you want to add an issuetype like task,story etc to an epic there is a field called epic link.You can give the epic name/issue key in this field and it will automatically get added to epic.

rachael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2019

Excellent - Thank you!!

sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Please accept the answer if it helped.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events