How do I allow users to add to the Affects Version and Fix Version fields on-the-fly?

SSchoepel October 27, 2016

I need to allow developers and QA to type versions into the Affects Version and Fix Version fields as they open and close issues. I cannot make them all administrators as they should not have access to other things. Short of making two new custom fields that are label fields to do this and not having it then hooked to the release mechanism, is there a plugin or some other configuration I can do to allow them to update these fields?

It's really causing a lot of problems not having all the versions available as we have multiple builds a day and we can't have one person adding versions as they come out. (Or, is there a way to have Bamboo feed the version fields?)

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2016

There might be a couple of options.  There are some plugins that allow you to execute a Transition as a certain user.  You could add a Web-Hook post-function to fire as that dedicated user to make the REST API call to add the new Version into your project.

Alternatively, if you have any kind of automation setup so that when a new build comes out, it could be used to add the Version to the Project as well, but it will still require the setup of a "generic" user that has the correct permissions to the project.

I guess the shorter answer is, create a generic user and allow the necessary permissions.  Then figure out how to either execute the Transition as that user, or use some other automated REST API call as that user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events