• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • How can I use this search to order my issues within each sprint (aka sprint 1, ranking inside sprint, then sprint 2, rank inside sprint)... etc

How can I use this search to order my issues within each sprint (aka sprint 1, ranking inside sprint, then sprint 2, rank inside sprint)... etc

Samantha Erlich May 11, 2016

If I want to create a board to export to excel that shows me a "two-tiered" ranking, how can I do this? For example, I have my open sprints, me future sprints and my backlog. Within each of these subsections I have drag and dropped/ ranked the issues. I want to create a board to export to excel that shows me the correct ranking of my issues. I tried the JQl search "project = GT AND issuetype = Story AND status in (Open, "In Progress", "Test Ready", "Under Analysis") AND (sprint in openSprints() OR sprint in futureSprints() OR issuetype != Epic AND resolution = Unresolved AND (Sprint = EMPTY OR Sprint not in (openSprints(), futureSprints()))) ORDER BY rank". This almost works, but it shows me some backlog items before my current sprint items. How can I search this correctly? I have a board that shows me the correct information but I cannot export that. 

1 answer

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

order by sprint, rank

Samantha Erlich May 11, 2016

"project = GT AND issuetype = Story AND status in (Open, "In Progress", "Test Ready", "Under Analysis") AND (sprint in openSprints() OR sprint in futureSprints() OR issuetype != Epic AND resolution = Unresolved AND (Sprint = EMPTY OR Sprint not in (openSprints(), futureSprints()))) ORDER BY rank"

- based on this JQL search, what can i change?  - I am asking it to show sprint then rank but i want it to put the sprints in an order and also the items within the sprint. (item 1- sub item 1.1, then 1.2, then 1.3), (item 2- sub item 2.1, 2.2, 2.3)....etc.

The above search is showing me sub item 1.1, sub item 2.1, sub item 1.2, sub item 2.2, sub item 1.3, sub item 2.3)

Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

Change the order by.

Suggest an answer