How Can a bug be hidden for Offshore Usergroup

Hi,

I am very new to JIRA. Currently, I am using 6.4 JIRA version.

I have a request. I have two usrgroup; 1st Onshore and 2nd Offshore. My Bug create screen as well as View/Edit screen has a Field (example: ENVIRONMENT) with dropdown values Test and Prod. Now if a Onshore user, Project Role QA created a bug with Environment = Prod that bug should not be visible to Offshore usergroup, project Role QA and Developer. How would I restrict Offhore User, Project Role QA and Developer viewing or accessing those kind of bugs?

My Offshore QA and Developers are placed in OFFSDLC_QA, and OFFSDLC_DEV group where as Onshore QA and Developers are in ONSDLC_QA, and ONSDLC_DEV.

Also if a bug has ENVIRONMENT = Prod, that defect should not be able to assign to Offshore users.

Please advice.

Thanks

2 answers

0 vote

You can use issue security levels to hide/show issues to selected groups. It wouldn't be based on the custom field though, unless you use some plugins to set the security level based on the selected custom field value.

Using the security level for environment or setting it manually while selecting the other custom field will be the easy option.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-issue-level-security-802592414.html

Unfortunatly, my ENVIRONMENT field is a custom field.

You mentioned "unless you use some plugins", May I please know what is the name of the plugin?

Issue Level Security: This will only ENABLE the specific user/groups or fields to view issues for the projects instead of hidding bugs. And also when I select "Group Custom Field Value" I got the field name but there is no option to select the value of that field.

Any help would be appricated. Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

77 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you