Do you know how to increase Metaspace in Jira 7.1.1?

IT RealityMine
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 3, 2016

I am having problems trying to set the MetaSpace size in JIRA 7.1.1 as we have just updated from JIRA 6.12.11 and I can't find where to set the MetaSpace Size. I would normally find it in setenv.sh but in the new update there is no reference to MetaSpace size. 

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2016

You should be able to ignore this. JAVA 8 is supposed to self-manage this property. Alternatively you could define it yourself by looking the system properties up yourself and including them in the launch properties of your JVM.

0 votes
IT RealityMine
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2016

I meant to say MetaSpace my auto correct. 

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2016

What is meatspace?

Suggest an answer