Customize a dashboard /Kanban Board

Elif Alverson November 12, 2015

Hello,

is it possible to customize a dashboard /Kanban Board with the data I would like to see? Is there a plug inns to help?

Thanks!

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2015

Yes, you can do lots with both dashboards and Kanban boards.  You might need some add-ons, but we can't really tell you that unless we know what you are actually looking for?

Elif Alverson November 12, 2015

Nic, 

The dashboard needs to show;

• Two apple pie charts : One with the status of issues, the other with the test run status
  • All the epic test issues and associated story test issues with the status of if the tests are failed or not.
  • All the related issues to the epic issues
  • The % of a failure and pass on the total issues

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2015

Ok, that's a start, but we don't know what you're doing with "testing" - how is that represented in your JIRA? (The first pie chart is easy though - add a pie chart gadget to your dashboard)

J2
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2015

Nic Brough - Thanks for the quick response. First, we use the Zephyr plug-in for testing. Overall we are trying to put together a dashboard as Elif outlined above. Here is some more details: 1. A visual hierarchy starting with Epic --> Story --> Task with the ability to display and bubble up the testing status from the task level -- Such that if a test fails in any task the entire branch back to the epic shows fail. 2. The way to display a list of "linked to" items that are not part of the epic, or even the same project. e.g.: PROJ1.linkto.PROJ2, show on PROJ2 dashboard list of PROJ1 stories or tasks. 3. The pie chart for Zephyr test status (pass, fail, not run) specific to that epic including stories and tasks. If this is clear as mud let me know. I am sure everything can be done programatically, and would like to avoid recreating what is already done by finding any existing plug-ins. Thanks for any guidance or suggestions! J

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2015

Ah, ok, I'm not that familiar with Zephyr, but I don't think it does points 1 or 3 at all. I'm not aware of any addons that do Zephyr reporting outside Zephyr either, so I think you might be stuck there. Point 2 is not Zephyr though. I think you can construct a query to do that (e.g. "Epic Link" != <epic>) and then use that in reports as you need.

J2
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2015

Thanks Nic. ZAPI is the Zephyr addon and provides a restful API, so I am giving that a whirl.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events