Custom Field Shows option" none"

Elif Alverson September 12, 2016

Hello, 

I have created custom field called " severity" and set up 4 options which are " low, medium, high, critical". However it shows " none , medium, high, critical" on the create issue page. How can I remove the " none" filed even though I cannot see it under the edit options. please see the screen shot below.

image2016-9-12 10:32:4.png

1 answer

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

Is the field optional with a default of 'low'? Sounds like you may have it set to 'low' and when you try to edit it, it shows the other options including 'none'.

Maybe try to make it required if that's what you want?

Sten, please see the screen shot below which shows the actual severity field when we try to create a ticket. I would like to remove the " none" field. Is it possible.

image2016-9-12 10:45:30.png

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

Ah, so it did actually show 'Low' as well as 'None'.

Yes, you can make the field a required one in the appropriate Field Configuration, you just have to watch out so you don't affect other projects negatively (you can create a new Field Configuration with an appropriate Field Configuration Scheme). You also must decide on a default value.

There are also add-ons that will allow you to modify the list using scripting, "Live Fields" come to mind.

Sten, the project owner does not want " severity " field to be required. the default value is set to " low" but I still need to remove " none" without making " severity" field required. Any suggestions?

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2016

So s/he doesn't want it Required but still doesn't want to allow 'none' (empty)? Huh...

I think the JJUPIN Add-On with Live Fields is the best way to go if you can get the funding. It's quite cheap and definitely worth it if you want to do any serious modifications to JIRA.

Here are some recipes to show what can be done...

https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/TR/Home

Suggest an answer