Copy a Jira board to another Jira tenancy

Donna Dalton October 8, 2017

We have out-sourced development of an Agile project to another company although I am still the scrum master and we have a solutions architect on our side. We also manage the relationship and interactions with the product owner who is a third party.

They have integrated Jira into their line of business apps eg their Jira feeds data into company reporting etc.

We want to have our version of Jira to hold comments, work logs etc for the project stories.

It seems crazy to have developers updating two exact project boards or to have an admin person cutting and pasting data between stories.

Does anyone know if you copy a Jira board between tenancies eg I could survive with a weekly copy and perhaps access to the out-sourced company's board during the project.

The main driver is to have full visibility of the project not only during development but historically as well so regardless we will always want a "copy" of the board in our Jira tenancy.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Hi Donna,

There are some add-ons that may help you such as the JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy or the Bob Swift CLI.  Take a look at the discussion on the Communities post Solved: How can I copy one JIRA issue into a remote JIRA instance? for more suggestions.

Cheers,

Branden

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

There's also add-ons dedicated to doing issue synchronisation - I've mostly used K15t's Backbone and Exalate, both of which make it very simple.

Suggest an answer