Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I copy one JIRA issue into a remote JIRA instance?

Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2012

I am trying to raise a support ticket (e.g. escalate to L2 support) in another Jira system but it seems to be incredibly difficult to achieve this. The best way so far seems to be the "Jira 2 Jira Issue Copy" which unfortunately requires me to click through several screens before it actually copies the issue. All I really want is a workflow transition that creates (or copies) the ticket in the other system and optionally links them together.

Is it possible to create a post function or a script that uses the "JIRA 2 JIRA Copy Plugin" plugin to achieve this? Or is there any other / better way?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

I have figured out a way to let seperate jira instances communicate with each other using JJUPIN Simple Issue Language (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/43318). It is a pretty nice plugin that even allows you to talk to a remote jira system via SOAP / REST without having to write your own plugin.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2012

JIRA Command Line Interface can be used to script a copy to the remote JIRA. I suppose you do this via a post function script, but we use an external automation script that automatically passes escalations data back and forth between JIRA and a CRM system.

Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2012

Are you suggesting to write a custom post function that executes JCLI commands on the system? Does that post function have to be a custom plugin or would e.g. a script for scriptrunner do the job?

Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2012

I am after the most straight forward and most promissing solution at this point since it is already over due =(

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2012

Yes and probably both would work. Certainly you can do almost anything in a custom plugin.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events