It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change JIRA System Administrators

I just migrated an instance from Cloud to Server and I am trying to organize all of my permissions.  The "JIRA System Administrators" and "JIRA Administrators" Permission is not available to be selected in the dropdown.  When I click on the "Configure permissions in user management" link, it says the page cannot be found.

image2016-9-12 7:35:11.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough Community Leader Sep 12, 2016

Are you logged in as a system administrator?  (i.e. the admin account you get when you import from Cloud, or used to give your actual account the permission)

Yes - I'm logged into the sysadmin account -

Nic Brough Community Leader Sep 13, 2016

Ok, what version of JIRA have you used here?

atlassian-jira-software-7.2.0-x64

Nic Brough Community Leader Sep 18, 2016

Ok, good, but the only thing I can think of is that you're logged in as a JIRA admin and not a system admin.

What do you get when you click "view users" under "system administrators" on the top line (JIRA system administrators) - does your user ID appear on that list?

Here is what I see when I look at system administrators (i am logged in as system admin):

screenshot.png

Question - when I look at groups, it has an "admin" tag next to system-administrators - how is that determined?  How would i change that if i wanted to?

screenshot2.png

When I click on "Configure permissions in user management" from my first screenshot, I get the following message:

screenshot3.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,075 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you