Can Jira be an alternate for Service-Now?

Can we use JIRA as a substitute for Service-Now?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Aditya,

It really depend what use case you have, both are great products. If you plan use several tools through out SDLC then Atlassian already has set of tools that can be integrated together. Share more details on what exactly you want to achieve?

-Ravi

Thanks @Ravi Sagar [Author - Mastering JIRA 7] for replying.

Can we have lookup fields in Jira like we have it in service now, where we can lookup project codes and their names.

Attached a screenshot of lookup field in Service now. Here "Project ID" is a lookup field.

If Click on Search icon a dialogue box gets opened for lookup.

As you can see in screenshot there around 1400 project codes. If we implement this in JIRA in a drop down field it will look be a mess.

You'd want to revise the shape of some of your data.

I wouldn't try to "replace" Service Now with plain JIRA nowadays, I'd use JIRA Service Desk, and then add the Insight add-on if you have complex, heavy and detailed asset management / cmdb data to go with it.

CMDB requires more levels of hierarchy than JIRA supports - that could be an issue.

While you can extend JIRA to add asset details, it is best to integrate JIRA with a real CMDB like Device42 to get all the functionality you can get from a ITSM + CMDB tool like servicenow. More details here: http://www.device42.com/integrations/jira/

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

111 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you