Burnup chart for JIRA Server 7.4 ?

Matt Stephens April 18, 2018

Hi Community!

I've just started working with a company that has JIRA Server 7.4 installed.  There doesn't appear to be any Burnup chart capability in that version, so I'm looking at options.  Can anyone recommend best options?  A plug in?  Or other approach? 

Thanks!

Matt

1 answer

2 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2018

Hello Matt,

Do you know if you're on Jira Core or Jira Software? You need Jira Software to get this kind of report.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Thanks @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_, I think we are on Jira Software as I do have access to those reports yes.  However, none of those reports is a burnup chart.  I want to be able to see a burnup chart at different timeboxes - sprint, release, overall project, etc. 

I'm really looking for a nice simple visual chart that shows stories added to sprint (or whatever) backlog over time, compared with what's been completed in that timebox.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.clariostechnology.intelligentreports/server/overview seems like a decent option, but looks more focussed towards putting these into a report.  I'd rather have something more dynamic like the normal JIRA 'reports'.

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2018

I've just seen there is a feature request about Burnup chart in Jira Server, you can watch it to be updated.

Intelligent Reports isn't Atlassian verified so I'd rather suggest using eazyBI or Arsenale Dataplane.

Cheers,

- Manon

Ah thanks, will have a look at those.

Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2018

Hi, 

indeed, you can create burn-ups and burn-downs in eazyBI. There are some examples in eazyBI demo account to check out, for instance:

Sprint story point burndown

Story points burn down in selected epic

Version burn down with issues

For more detailed assistance with them, do not hesitate to contact eazyBI support

Ilze,

eazyBI Customer Support

Matt Stephens April 25, 2018

Hi @Ilze Leite-Apine, thanks for the info.  However, none of those is quite what I'm really looking for.  What I want to do is clearly (and simply visually) show the impact of new items being added to the backlog (either in a specific sprint, or across a release or the whole project), or indeed work being removed (as opposed to getting completed).  Generally, people look to a Burn UP chart to achieve this, but I guess it can be shown in other ways.

A nice simple explanation is here: http://www.clariostechnology.com/productivity/blog/whatisaburnupchart - the first chart demonstrates both scope increase and decrease perfectly...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events