Burndown chart starts from the wrong number

Hi, My Current Sprint Burndown chart starts from the wrong number entirely!

I have a total of 124 points in my sprint when I clicked START SPRINT but when I look at the burndown chart it Shows that the sprint started at around 100 point (grey line). This means my my actual workline (in red) shows that I am already well behind when in fact I should be ahead!

Why is this so vastly wrong? 

Steps:

Start Sprint containing tickets worth 124 points

Close 1 ticket worth 8 points and set a 13 point ticket to 'In Progress'

Check the Burndown chart for Active Sprint, it shows grey line starts at 100 and the redline well above that, how can this be????

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Oct 16, 2016

It could be that you have some story points on the sub-tasks, as sub-tasks story points aren't displayed in the charts

Nope, only Stories have Story-Points. Thanks for the suggestion though.

This widget could not be displayed.

I can still see no reason at all for this. It just seems to be summing the Points wrongly. On the backlog view it clearly says 'Total 124' but the burn-down clearly starts running down from 101. Whereas the red line starts from where ti should start from at around mid-120's.

This just looks like a JIRA Bug to me.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

202 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you