Bulk close Epics from Backlog Panel View

Hristo Danchev December 11, 2018

Hello, 

Is there a way to bulk mark Epics as "Done", thereby removing them from the side panel Epics view in the Backlog? 

My current issue is that I have hundreds of Closed Epics which appear in the side panel, and my fingers hurt from manually clicking "Mark as Done" to make them disappear from the side panel view. 

Thank you, 

Hristo 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

Hi @Hristo Danchev

You can search for all those epics in issue navigator and do a bulk change to edit the value of field 'Epic status' to DONE

@Fazila Ashraf I've done that already but it does *not* close them out in the backlog panel view :( 

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

Hi @Hristo Danchev

Do you mean the status closed? 

I just tried that in my local instance and an epic with status 'to do' when set to Epic status done disappears from the epic panel even with the status TODO.

Did you change the field 'epic status'?

Like Chris Enriquez likes this

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...Status != Epic Status

This solved the problem. Marking Epic Status = Done, removed the JIRAs from the side panel. 

Thank you, @Fazila Ashraf!

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2018

Happy to help! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events