Automation for Jira error

Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hey,

I'm trying to make a simple rule in Automation for Jira which clone an issue in the same project but another  issue type and i always get the same error:

Clone issue
Unexpected error executing rule:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/codebarrel/automation/api/thirdparty/AutomationRuleComponent

If i'm trying to create and not to clone issue, the same error i get.

Basically my rule is:

When: Value changes for
        MyFieldName

If: MyFieldName contains any of
Option1, Option2, Option3

Then: Clone issue into
Same project

And: Link issue to
Trigger issue

Can somebody help me? Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Albert Manuel , 

this might be because your last action (Link Issue) is actually on the source issue, and is then in a loop trying to link to itself.

You should instead do a Link Issue to "Last created issue".

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Alexis Robert

I have deleted that step entirely and i still get the same error.

I have updated the app to the last version. I have enable/disable the addon - nothing works...i just get that error.

The rule is simple now:

When: Value changes for
        MyFieldName

If: MyFieldName contains any of
Option1, Option2, Option3

Then: Clone issue into
Same project

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Albert Manuel , 

did you make sure that the user running the rule can create issues in this project ? 

Otherwise, it would be a good idea to open a support ticket to Atlassian : http://getsupport.atlassian.com/

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer