Adding Columns

Elif Alverson February 8, 2016

Hello, 

I am asked to add a column for issue type " Bug " on the Kanban board. When I go and add a column named "Bug" and select the status in progress, none of the bug issue types with the status in progress shows up. So should I go ahead and the change the filter to "project = XX AND Issuetype in (BUG)"???? But then I will not able to see any other issue types associated with this project? 

How can I create a column which only shows the issuetype " bug " without making any changes on the project filter?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

You can't do this - a column is a collection of status and nothing else.   The issue type is irrelevant, but you do need to check that the board filter will pull out the issues (project = XX is a perfect one and very simple)

For your bugs to appear on the board, you just need to make sure that they are in a status that is mapped into a column in the board (and are still unreleased according to the Kanban board's sub-filter for released items)

Elif Alverson February 8, 2016

Thanks for the clarification. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events