how to create a quick filter as a drop down list ?

Noa Lidar October 21, 2021

Hi 

I'm using Jira cloud, Scrum board and I want to create a dropdown filter that allow me to select from existing list 

for example: I want to filter out the issues that assigned to specific version - I want to be able to navigate between versions by open the filter and select different version from the list  (dropdown list) 

note: I don't want to create filter for each version 

Thanks,

3 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Quick filters do not take parameters like that.  You have to define JQL for them.

JQL does have functions that might help though - see https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/ and check out the version related functions - an obvious one might be "version in unreleasedVersions()" to hide all the stuff that's been released.

Thanks 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Noa Lidar ,

The following is not possible. The closest you get are swimlanes.

However, why are you not making use of the version report for this as i believe it should already allow you view all issues that are associated with a specific version.

If you must, you can raise a request with Atlassian at jira.atlassian.com if such a functionality has not yet been raised as a feature request.

Thanks

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Noa Lidar a, welcome to the Community..

You cannot achieve this OOTB. You might check out the marketplace for options. I have come across the following previously but don’t personally use so can’t say for sure if it will meet your requirements. Dynamic Filters: JQL Replacer & Gadgets.

Thanks you I will check :) 

Suggest an answer