Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

deleting users

I user Jira Core, but I can't figure out how to delete users who have left the company and rename users whose name has changed.

1 answer

Deactivating Users is a better option.

So, how do I do that ?

If you are a JIRA Administrator with Admin Permissions ( not Project Admin ) - you can browse over to the admin console - select User Management , look for thr user and disable the user.

Unfortunately, this is not shown as an option.  I am an administrator.

A few of the users have an 'edit' option under actions which allows me to deactivate, but the majority just have 3 dots which let you 'edit user groups' and 'view project roles'.

It is a number of these users that I wish to deactivate or delete.

I need to do this to provide licences for some other staff by removing it from some staff who no longer use the system.

Jill - I guess you have two types of users .

1) Internal JIRA Directory Users - you have the ability to edit and deactivate them.

2) External Directory Users - your organization may  be using an active directory which is used for user management, which does not have those dots.

You might want to contact admins who administer your active directory.

Hello

Thanks for your help, I have now removed the person from the AD group and they have been disabled in JIRA,  just what I needed in this instance.

But, is there a way of making an external user into an internal user

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events