Timeline view or Report Using JIRA Kanban Board

Matt Fite January 24, 2019

I am new to the use of JIRA Boards and we have started a project and in addition to other fields we are capturing Due date.  I want to know how or if there is a report or view that will display my Tasks / Epics by due date in more of a timeline view.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user December 5, 2019

I'm looking for the same thing, similiar to how Asana does it, Where you can put a start and end date, and then it is laid out with the months/ dates along a horizontal axis with each task stretching along the timeline, stacked cards with one on top of the other (or next to if the time doesn't overlap)

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hello Lindsay,

Per your description, I believe that maybe the Average Age gadget could provide you something similar.

Could you please provide kind of a draft or chart so we can better visualize what would be the exact gadget you are looking for?

Benjamin Waite January 9, 2020

Did you make any progress on this? I am looking for something like the image attached. 

I think I can do this in confluence but I was looking for something around the individual tasks on each board in JIRA.Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 1.06.09 PM.png

Benjamin Waite January 9, 2020

Just worked this out. You want to use the next-gen template Kanban then migrate your project to it. Then navigate to roadmap on the menu.Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 1.17.23 PM.png

Like # people like this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

I'm glad to know you were able to find a functional option, Benjamin.

Thank you for sharing it!

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2019

Hello Matt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Could you please elaborate a little bit more about what you meant by "in more of a timeline view"?

I understand that you would like to display a list of your tasks ordered by due date as a gadget on your dashboard, is that correct?

I think that maybe the Filter Results gadget can give you the view you are looking for. Please, follow the steps below to configure it:

1 - In your JIRA site, click on the search Icon > View all issues

2 - Use the filter bar to select the issues and the order it would be displayed. To know how you can use JQL parameters on Advanced search, you can check this documentation.

3 - Save your search as a filter

4 - Navigate to your dashboard > Click to add a new gadget > Select Filter Results

5 - Configure it with your filter and select which fields you would like it to display:

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 18.53.30.png

Let me know if this is the option you are looking for.

Suggest an answer