Problems with the Target Start Date and Target end date fields.

Perry Cornforth February 1, 2021

We have recently started using the “Target Start Date” and the Target End Date” field in JIRA(cloud version)

Ove the past 2.5 months we have been able to remove the contents of these fields by simply clicking on the X on the right hand side.

For some reason this morning it will not clear out the fields.

I have X out on a few ISSUES, exit the Issue and when I return the dates field are populated back to what they were originally.

Any help is appreciated.

2 answers

1 vote
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Perry Cornforth,

Can you check the Issue history - maybe we can find out if there's something updating the value.

Do you have any Portfolio Management app such as Advanced Roadmaps or BigPicture or etc.? The reason is that these sort of apps will automatically update these sorts of fields if it's configured to be used within a plan/theme/etc.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

Perry Cornforth February 2, 2021

Good Morning Moga.

We don't use any portfolio Management Apps.

When I look in the Issue history I can see the several attempts to removed the dates.

But the minute you exit the issue and return those feilds ae populated again.

We can change the dates to future dates with out any problem, but simply cannot remove the dates.

Like Stephanie High likes this
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Good morning to you too. (tho, it's night over here, lol)

It looks like there's something in your system that is automatically setting the value. Do you have any Automation rules or Scriptrunner Behaviours?

Perry Cornforth February 2, 2021

Good evening

I don't believe we do.

I have check the associated screens and nothing pops out.

Like Stephanie High likes this
Perry Cornforth March 2, 2021

Good Morning

I am following up on this Issues has a solution been found as to why we are no longer able to remove the input from  the Target Start dates and the Target End Dates 

Stephanie High March 2, 2021

I have been actively working with Atlassian support on this issue; no resolution or work-around identified yet.

Like Perry Cornforth likes this
Stephanie High March 3, 2021

Update: this has been determined to be an Atlassian Bug; you may want to vote for/watch this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21291?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=25551606-cfb9-4104-9064-23584a4c3436

0 votes
Stephanie High February 15, 2021

I have all of the sudden started having that same issue this week. We have been adding and removing Target End for months with no issues, now anytime we remove one (whether on the issue itself or in the roadmap), it immediately repopulates upon save. I have looked at automation and permissions, nothing seems to explain why I am unable to clear this date.

Suggest an answer