Parameterize in Jira Cloud Free working hours from 9am to 18pm

Matias Vizzari May 18, 2023

I would need to see if it is possible to establish a working time from 9 to 18 in Jira, since I was able to parameterize a working time of 9 a.m. but I don't know where the start of those 9 a.m. is taking.

From already thank you very much,
greetings.

2 answers

0 votes
Matias Vizzari May 23, 2023

Nadie? 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hi @Matias Vizzari 

You can't prohibit users from login to a jira cloud instance. At least not to my knowledge. In JSM you can set the working hours for your agents, but this has only to do with the SLAs.

Matias Vizzari May 18, 2023

Of course, I need it for the SLAs, I have connected my Jira board to power bi and I extract the time in seconds to be able to calculate the times in the states exactly, but I'm not sure from what moment it starts counting in the business days in the schedule work because I don't know how to parameterize it, I attach an example of what I put

Thank you very much for the help

days of week.PNGhours work for days.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

The above images are not part of a JSM proejct, but rather than a project of jira software. So these working days you've got there are only (and I quote):

These settings allow you to highlight or exclude non-working days from reports and gadgets.

They apply to the following reports: Burndown Chart, Sprint Report, Epic Report, Version Report, Control Chart; and the following gadgets: Sprint Health Gadget, Burndown Gadget.

Matias Vizzari May 19, 2023

Alex, thank you very much for your answer. Of course it is not JSM because the ones I am using are Free licenses, in Jira Software there is no way to parameterize that?

From already thank you very much!Licences.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

@Matias Vizzari you can get a free JSM with up to 3 agents. To be honest can't really understand your question.

In JSW you don't have SLAs and you can't modify set the working days in such a way in order to prohibit a user to log in to your instance or log time. You simply don't count the time spend during these days.

Matias Vizzari May 24, 2023

Good morning @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , thanks for the answer, sorry if I don't understand.
I don't want to restrict the time my users work in Jira, to calculate some internal SLA for my work I need to calculate the interactions with the issues during the hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
What I was able to configure, which is what I put in the images, is the global time tracking configuration, which allowed me to set it to 9h, my question is those 9h from what moment to what moment are measured by Jira: from 00:00 to 09:00 or 08:00 to 17:00 from 09:00 to 18:00?? I don't know where to see it.
Why am I asking this? because to be able to do my reports I currently have Jira connected to Power Bi and within the data that I can export there is a table called "time in status" where I have measured the interaction times of the issues in seconds, but in 3 different versions :
DURATION_IN_BUSINESS_DAYS_24H: takes from Monday to Friday but 24 hours
DURATION_IN_NORMAL_HOURS: counts the time 24hs/7d
DURATION_IN_BUSINESS_DAYS_BH: and this one, from what I understand, counts the working hours of 9 a.m. but I don't know from when it starts counting and if there is a way to parameterize it so that it counts from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For this reason, my question is how to parameterize what I understand would be the business hours in Jira in order to have this data correctly.

Again, sorry if I wasn't clear before, but I thought it was something common that I didn't understand because I was new.
Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give me.

Suggest an answer