JQL for all child issues under an epic

Mel Jensen November 22, 2021

Hi there,

There seem to be a few questions that have been asked along these lines already, but I've not seen an answer that will work for me so hoping the community can help :)

I have an epic:

• PROJ-100

Which has several stories underneath it:

• PROJ-101
  • PROJ-102

How do I structure the query so that I can list the children 101 and 102?   I'm trying to do this to pull a summary report into Confluence.

For clarity, there are no sub-tasks.

Thanks,
Mel

5 answers

1 vote
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hello @Mel Jensen 

Try the JQL as "Epic Link" = PROJ-100. This is similar to the previous suggestion by @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ but without the quotes for the issue id.

KIndly share if this helps!!

0 votes
Prasanna VA
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2022

parent=EPIC-100 ORDER BY rank

0 votes
Apryl Harris September 29, 2022

maybe... <project in (xxx) and "Epic Link" is not empty>

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2021

Hi @Mel Jensen ,

You can try using "Epic Link" = "PROJ-100"

Thanks,
Avinash

@Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_  - I did try this, but it doesn't produce any results (I triple checked I was using the correct epic ID.

0 votes
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2021

@Mel Jensen 

You can use the JQL query parentEpic = PROJ-100

Thanks @Sandesh Shetty I tried this but it only brings up the epic, and not a list of stories.

Olivier Swinkels
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2022

I have the same issue. Did you get it to work?

Darren Monaghan October 13, 2022

Hi there
It would be this to get the children of an EPIC in key order formation
issue in childIssuesOf(PROJ-100) ORDER BY key ASC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events