JIRA Project Setup

Rajan Khatri November 10, 2020

Hello Everyone,

I work for continuous improvement engineering department and we want to start utilizing JIRA to add all the daily task. I need some recommendation on how can I setup my JIRA to make it more easier to export report ?

For example: We work with all the departments like sales, Supply chain, Manufacturing ,Maintenance regarding their continuous improvement initiatives.

Can you please recommend some effective way to setup all this in JIRA? One suggestion we have right now is to have everything under one project as a task(Departments) and then create subtask and use label for each department but I believe this is not the systematic way to do this.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

Rajan,

Can you explain a little more about your business process and how you work.  Is each initiative treated like a project?  Do the initiatives have inner dependencies? How do the different departments interact and collaborate now?  Is this how you see them working and collaborating in the future?

Rajan Khatri November 11, 2020

Hi Brant,

Please find my comments below:

1) Yes each initiatives treated like a project (Example Barcode Implementation at the warehouse, Return material process improvement)

2) Initiatives does have inner dependencies (we gather requirements, data or we ask them to test the new process) but all the work is done by my team

3) Yes we work with different departments like Sales, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing, Maintenance for their process improvement projects. 

4) We do get basic emails to trouble shoot issues from new processes or request for process trainings

What is your recommendation ? Thank you for your help.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I would suggest an individual project for each initiative.  This will make is easier to see how many active projects you have at one time, how the work is distributed over the projects, will allow you to collaborate more efficiently on projects with individuals outside your group, more easily report on projects, etc.  It seems like a better fit for your business practice.  

Like Rajan Khatri likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2020

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Like Rajan Khatri likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events