Does an CSV file template exists to use in the Jira importer?

Stephan Heilmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2017

Dear JIRA Community

We have 5 teams in our Project and would like to use a common csv template which can be used for JIRA import (Epics/Stories). Does a physical template exists which can be used? I only found in the community explanations on how it would work theoretically. Thx for the help!
Currently running version Atlassian 5.9.4

1 answer

0 votes
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

Hello, this is not a Template but a more visual explication for import issue in CSV:
http://blog.valiantys.com/en/jira-en/how-to-import-issues-into-jira
You could for example, create a test project and import a simple CSV to test.
Hope this help, regards 

Stephan Heilmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2017

hi, thank you for the comment.
I have already been at the mentioned link but as mentioned in the question for me it is to theoretically. I expect atlassian to provide a master template which can be used.
I am currently facing problems to import story to epic hierarchy, assigned sprint (ABC 23 Sprint), assignees, multiple components...
I guess it would be beneficial for the community to have a master template available.

Any one?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events