Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) issue with JIRA CLOUD REST API and Javascript

Dear all,

I'm developing a javascript WebApp, which tries to create an issue on my JIRA cloud instance.

I am getting following error.

XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://XXXXXXXX.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/. Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access.

In the moment this is not working because of CORS and I need to configure the whitelist, so that I'm able to
create issues from my domain.

I tried to find JIRA whitelist on my cloud instance , but I am unable to find it .
I have read the documentation but haven't found any link "whitelist" in my admin panel.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Santosh

6 answers

I don't intend to build an app, I need this from a custom web page in another domain.

Sorry, I meant web app. I think you can still take a look at the link I sent, it’s just a bunch of JS, it might be helpful.

If you just need access to the whitelist, I remember I read somewhere that it is not accessible in jira cloud. But I don’t remember where.

Same here, any solution on this ? Thanks

Please check out https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/atlassian-connect-express/src/master/ . You can use that as a starting point for your app. Tried it and it works.

Same here, cannot find the whitelist, any pointers from anyone? Thanks!

JIRA CLOUD doesn't allow cross origin requests. You'll need a proxy service between the apps to connect to JIRA CLOUD REST API. Currently I'm trying to achieve the same thing with docker and reverse proxy with nginx. 

you have to have your account with greater permission level than you have now. i have asked our JIRA admin to give me temporary global admin access and i saw the "Whitelist " tab. However, do let me know if this worked for you after adding the site to the whitelist see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/CORS-working-in-IE-but-not-in-Chrome/qaq-p/605592?posted=605910#U605910. 

it's still not working for me even after adding it to the Whitelist

Have you considered using Atlassian Connect?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events