Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) issue with JIRA CLOUD REST API and Javascript

Dear all,

I'm developing a javascript WebApp, which tries to create an issue on my JIRA cloud instance.

I am getting following error.

XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://XXXXXXXX.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/. Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access.

In the moment this is not working because of CORS and I need to configure the whitelist, so that I'm able to
create issues from my domain.

I tried to find JIRA whitelist on my cloud instance , but I am unable to find it .
I have read the documentation but haven't found any link "whitelist" in my admin panel.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Santosh

6 answers

Have you considered using Atlassian Connect?

you have to have your account with greater permission level than you have now. i have asked our JIRA admin to give me temporary global admin access and i saw the "Whitelist " tab. However, do let me know if this worked for you after adding the site to the whitelist see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/CORS-working-in-IE-but-not-in-Chrome/qaq-p/605592?posted=605910#U605910. 

it's still not working for me even after adding it to the Whitelist

JIRA CLOUD doesn't allow cross origin requests. You'll need a proxy service between the apps to connect to JIRA CLOUD REST API. Currently I'm trying to achieve the same thing with docker and reverse proxy with nginx. 

Same here, cannot find the whitelist, any pointers from anyone? Thanks!

Same here, any solution on this ? Thanks

Please check out https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/atlassian-connect-express/src/master/ . You can use that as a starting point for your app. Tried it and it works.

I don't intend to build an app, I need this from a custom web page in another domain.

Sorry, I meant web app. I think you can still take a look at the link I sent, it’s just a bunch of JS, it might be helpful.

If you just need access to the whitelist, I remember I read somewhere that it is not accessible in jira cloud. But I don’t remember where.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

226 views 7 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you