Behavior initialiser not working after transition validation fails

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

Hi,

I have a script runner behavior initiliaser script that shows some field (let's say B) depending on another field (let's A). 

I also have a transition validation (using JMWE) on field A and field B.

At first transition screen load, field A is displayed and when its value changes --> Field B is displayed.

But when submitting the transition and the validation fails on field A and B I want to display both field A and field B because I have an error message for each field.

In the behavior initialiser, when I try to get the value of field A in the behavior I only get the stored value in Jira, not the actual value in the transition screen. So I'm a bit stuck, unable to show the field B because I don't know the value of field A. 

Any advice? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Found a solution. The quick answer is that (in my opinion and according to what I have found) it is impossible to use behavior with a workflow validator in my context because when the workflow validator fails --> the transition screen loads and the "initialiser" is called. But in the initialiser it is impossible to get the actual (input) value of the fields. You can only get the stored value (database value) of the fields. So the behavior "initialiser" cannot test/know whether the field has to be displayed or no. 

So the solution was to :

1. Remove the workflow validator
  2. validate the field with the behavior and not with the transition validator (using setError() and clearError())

and it works fine. 

Suggest an answer