Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter users in mentions

Alex November 8, 2021

We have an external customer projects and external users should see only their project. This is working fine assigning the external users to a group and giving rights per project for the group.

Our colleagues (5-6 people) and the external users (10 people) per project want to mention each other in the stories, comments etc. For our colleagues who has access to all projects - mentioning works fine. BUT for external users they were not able to use mention until I gave them "Browse Users and Groups" permission in Global settings.

BUT the problem is that the external users see ALL hundreds of users (!) in our Jira cloud instance which is not desired at all.

THE REQUIREMENT - can we have a filtering of the users in the list for mentioning per project? A group of users per project which are visible for mention to everyone in the project especially for external users in the project.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radka Svobodova November 9, 2021

well, basicly they can not mention user which does not have the rights to the particular project, so if you limit externals only to see 1 project, and you limit the access to that project also for all other people (external/internal), they will not be able to mention nobody else.

Alex November 9, 2021

I will try this solution. It will need to maintain very precisely the internal people in the same group as externals and remove the default access of all internal colleagues to all projects. But this is acceptable I think. Thank you for the idea.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events