Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join Atlassian’s Early Access Program for Priorities per Project in Jira Cloud

Hi everyone,

We’re enabling Jira admins to set up priority schemes in Jira Cloud. This means you can use different priorities for different projects. We’re looking for Jira admins to join our Early Access Program (EAP) and give us feedback on this feature.

See the below table for details:

What will be available?  By default, all the priorities you have today will be in a default priority scheme for all existing projects. You can:
  • Add or remove priorities in the default priority scheme.

• Create your own custom priority schemes for specific projects.

• Edit or delete priority schemes.

• Manage priority schemes in Jira settings.

Note: We’re not enabling interactions via APIs.

What do you need to do to sign up? Fill in the EAP survey.

Note: If you’re not a Jira admin and you think this will benefit your team, speak with your admin to get involved.

For any questions and clarification
  • Reply to this post for questions about the survey or email me directly on
           nschwartz@atlassian.com.
  • If you qualify, you will be invited to a private community group for this EAP where you can post questions in the group and we’ll get back to you.

What will happen to the feature after the EAP?
  • You can continue to use this feature on your instance.
  • We can enable this feature for production instances if you’re testing on a sandbox as well.

Ready to go? Fill in the EAP survey.

Note: Features in the EAP may have some bugs. We’ll share more details about these bugs, and you can also raise them in the group.

Regards,

Nicole

12 comments

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2023

That is very...

giphy

Look forward to participate in the EAP.

Like # people like this
Nicole Schwartz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2023

Love the enthusiasm @Kristján Geir Mathiesenthank you!

Hassan Shahin August 22, 2023

Hi,

I just need to ensure I am getting this right.

Is this feature about having different priorities schemes to be applied to the tickets in the same project, or is it having different schemes to be applied to multiple projects (but not their enclosed tickets)

Thanks

Bogdan Gorka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2023

@Hassan Shahin 

I think (and I hope) that this is about bringing the standard Jira Server/DC functionality where you can have different sets of priorities associated with different Jira projects.

For example:

in project A you can have:

• Low, Medium, High, Highest

and in project B you can have

• Low, High, Blocker
Like # people like this
Nicole Schwartz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2023

Hey @Hassan Shahinyes @Bogdan Gorka is correct - thanks for answering this!

This feature is about associating priority schemes to different projects. A Jira admin can create a priority scheme include a subset of the globally available priorities and associate that scheme with different projects. This means that you can have different priorities for different projects.

Hassan Shahin August 23, 2023
Bogdan Gorka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2023

@Nicole Schwartz I thought I would let you know, just in case, that once you deploy this long awaited change in the Cloud then remember to update the course 'Jira Governance and Housekeeping' for ASB-116.

Please see the screenshot from this course. After your feature deployment, this answer will not be valid any more.

KnowCheck.png

Like # people like this
Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2023

The long awaited missing scheme from server is coming to cloud!!!!

Like Nicole Schwartz likes this
Nicole Schwartz
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2023

@Bogdan Gorkathanks for letting us know!

Appreciate the excitement, @Dan Tombs

Nils Medina January 24, 2024

Hi there, any update about this feature coming to general availability?

Like # people like this
Lucia Rocca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2024

Hi, thank you for this is a much needed feature. Is there a GA release date? 

Like # people like this
Iana April 25, 2024

I just went to the priorities section of our Cloud instance and was plesantly surprised to find the priorities schemes. Apparently it is (sneakily) out! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events