Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Management Using Align

Linda Ostach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2020

Would like to speak with a PMO to discuss how you may have used JIRA Align for project management for implementation services.  thank you in advance!!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2020

Hi @Linda Ostach,

Align is an Enterprise Agile Platform, not a project management tool (such as MS Project). That being said, Align does support a bi-modal implementation method to support traditional waterfall project management as a company transitions to agile at scale.

Can you be more specific in your ask? Project management for implementation services is very broad. What are the specific pain points or areas of interest you are trying to address or solve for with Align?

Regards,
Peter

Linda Ostach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2020

Thank you, Peter.  We are an analytics vendor and seeking that MS Project approach to managing our client implementations.  Seeking integration on the front and back end as well.  From the Sale to the invoice.

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2020

Hi @Linda Ostach,

As I stated in my earlier response, Align is not designed to be an MS Project competitor. It is designed to support agile at scale.

I implement Align, using Align. I use the roadmap views, the Program Board, and other functionality to work with clients to determine an implementation plan and time frame, and then use Align to track that progress, but it is from an agile perspective and approach, not a PMP project management approach. (And yes, I do have my PMP.)

I am not sure what you mean by "Seeking integration on the front and back end as well. From the Sale to the invoice." Can you clarify? Align is definitely not designed to be used for job/project costing (to a client) and invoicing.

Regards,
Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events