Migrating Issue ID from JIRA Cloud to Align.

Hopkinson, Peter May 24, 2022

We are migrating from JIRA Cloud to JIRA align. 

1. Can I import my Issues?
  2. Can I retain the issue IDs?

2 answers

0 votes
Charles Johnson May 24, 2022

@Hopkinson, Peter

I wanted to provide a high-level distinction of the Issue Type migration or integration process:

Migration- If you use Issue Type in your instance that are defined hierarchically higher-level artifacts than a Jira Epic, you should have a plan to match them to Jira Align (Initiatives and Thems as examples). Jira Align provides a template that can be prepared for uploading.

Integrations- Jira Epics, Stories, and relevant Issue Types can be mapped in the Jira Setting configuration. Additionally, issue types used as additional Story Types can be mapped in the Jira Align configuration. Issues that are mapped in this process retail their IDs.

0 votes
Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2022

@Hopkinson, Peter can you provide some more details as to what you are expecting to accomplish?  We don't normally migrate teams from Jira to Jira Align and instead integrate the teams work (execution) with Jira Align (strategy).  We have a bunch of articles on the integration and how you can see stories in Jira with it's link to Jira Align and vice versa.  

Here is the community pages on details around the Jira and Jira Align integration. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Jira-Align-and-Jira-Integration-Best-Practices-and-FAQ-Table-of/ba-p/1253497

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events