Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align to Power BI connection

Raja Ravanan June 6, 2022

How do I connect Jira Align with PowerBI. I tried using the JA Rest Api but failing during authentication. Has anyone integrated PowerBI and Jira Align before? If yes, Can you provide insights on authentication?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Raja Ravanan July 7, 2022

Thank you Enio and Rich for your response. I am able to connect the authenticate and connect Jira Align API to PowerBI. Only drawback I see is, the api returns only 100 records. I am trying to build a simple Dashboard in PowerBI to view the usage of Jira Align Features by Jira Projects. I think my next step is to pull the JA records by batches/pages and build reports on top of it.

Enio Marques Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2022

Hi Raja!

For API pagination, you can refer to this article.

This page also has some good information about querying data using the API.

Like Andrew van der Bilt likes this
2 votes
Enio Marques Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2022

Hello Raja!

There's no way to connect directly to the cloud Jira Align database, but it's possible via Enterprise Insights (formerly Leo BI). 

Enterprise Insights (EI) is an add-on service to Jira Align which enables access to a relational view of the customer’s data. The EI database is effectively a data mart for Jira Align.

You can ask your TAM or EA for more details about this add-on.

If you already have Enterprise Insights, you can follow the guide below for SQL users' login (For Azure AD, you should use a different authentication type).

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Connecting-to-Jira-Align-Enterprise-Insights-with-SQL/ba-p/2008723

1 vote
Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2022

If you are going to use PowerBI for reporting, you should use the Enterprise Insights database. The Rest APIs aren't appropriate for the kind of reporting typically done through PowerBI or other reporting tools.

You can see this article here about connecting PowerBI to Enterprise Insights. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Connecting-to-Jira-Align-Enterprise-Insights-with-SQL/ba-p/2008723

0 votes
Lucy Warner_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

Hello @Raja Ravanan

If you need to integrate your Jira data (reports, etc) to the Power BI, you can try to use Time in Status for Jira Cloud developed by my team.

I provide you with a short step-by-step guide where you can learn on how to integrate your Jira with Power BI.

I hope you find it helpful

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events