You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Enterprise Insights is a SQL data warehouse for Jira Align that enables you to query your Jira Align data using database tools like SQL Server Management Studio and Azure Data Studio or develop custom reports and dashboards with your own data visualization tools such as Tableau Desktop Download or Power BI Desktop Download .
This article provides an walk thru on how to connect to Enterprise Insights with a SQL login with Azure Data Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, Tableau and Power BI.
Note: The article doesn't cover how to connect to Enterprise Insights with Azure Active Directory authentication.
Before attempting to connect to Enterprise Insights you will need the following:
Please contact your Atlassian TAM for Onboarding Success or the Jira Align Support team if you need assistance with this.
1. On the Azure Data Studio Welcome screen click on Create a connection
2. On the Connection Details window, select or enter the below values in the following fields:
3. Click on Advanced...
4. Set Encrypt = True to enable SSL encryption
5. Click OK to return to Connection Details
3. On Connection Details, click Connect
1. Click on File > Connect Object Explorer
2. On the Connect to Server window, select or enter the below values in the following fields:
3. Click on Options >>
4. On the Connection Properties tab, enter the name of your Enterprise Insights database (Provided by Atlassian) in the Connect to database field.
5. Select Encrypt connection checkbox
5. Click on Connect
1. On the Power BI Home ribbon, click on SQL Server.
2. On the SQL Server database window, enter the below values in the following fields:
2. Click OK
3. Click on Database on the left side of the window, enter the values in the following fields:
4. Click on Connect
1. Click on the Connect menu, click on Microsoft SQL Server
2. On Connection Details, select or enter the below values in the following fields:
3. Click on Sign In