Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Link Dependencies to Feature?

Dominique Greene February 19, 2024

Hi,

I see there is an option to link a stories to Dependencies but is it possible to link the Feature that is housing the stories to the Dependency? 

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 vote
Ahmet Kilic _catworkx February 19, 2024

Hey @Dominique Greene

here is Ahmet from catworkx.

Have you already checked out any dependencies you have created? I'm attaching an example below where you can see:

1. assign any story to the dependency
  2. assign any feature to the dependency

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 14.44.53.png

In case you wanna understand Jira Align dependency concept, then @Tarun Sapra had already documented in a great explanation. Enjoy it:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Flow-of-Dependency-Management-in-Jira-Align/ba-p/1612693#:~:text=In%20Jira%20Align%20a%20dependency,and%20the%20negotiations%20starts%20again.

Warm regards,

Ahmet

Dominique Greene February 19, 2024

Hi @Ahmet Kilic _catworkx  thank you for responding. Yes I saw that as an option but in my company we create our dependencies off of initiatives making it difficult to loop the Dependency back to the Feature. I am currently going by a shared Initiative to try to connect Dependency to Feature which is time consuming and going forward we are going to try to reference the dependency ID in the tags section but was curious to know why the option doesn't exist on the Initiative level. Thank you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events