Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure ability to have multiple programs (we call them "Tribes") for an initiative?

Sjoquist, Carl April 29, 2022

We have two Jira Align systems.  In our production system, I see a "+" next to "Primary Tribe" (aka Program) in the create Initiative screen but this "+" does not show for a similar Initiative in our JA Test system.  How do I configure ability to have multiple Tribes (aka Programs) for an initiative?    I don't see any differences in how these systems are configured

Screenshot 2022-04-29 110716.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2022

@Sjoquist, Carl Are you familiar with Jira Align's "master toggles"?  You need to turn on the "Multi-Program" toggle.  Only a Super Admin can do that. 

Thanks, I am a super admin, but just getting introduced to JA.  I've walked through the Platform configuration but don't see anything yet that toggles "Multi-Program".   I've also seen instructions to look for an "Approach" drop down in Programs, but I don't see that anywhere either.  Also looking under Portfolio-specific settings, but no luck yet.

Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2022

@Sjoquist, Carl It's toggle number 25, which has somewhat recently been made "restricted" thus you would have to open a Support Issue to get the magic code.

Sjoquist, Carl May 2, 2022

Magic!  I knew magic was somehow involved here... :)  

Thanks!  Or should I say "abra cadabra"?

Like Allan Maxwell likes this
0 votes
Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
April 29, 2022

@Sjoquist, Carl You need to submit a support ticket with Jira Align support and they can help with enabling that.

Thanks, I was hoping to loop support in as a last resort, will see if we can figure it out on our own, thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events