Does text formatting work in Jira Align?

Paul Tepper February 9, 2022

Is there any way to format text in description boxes in Jira Align? None of the standard Jira formatting is working. Is there an admin option to turn it on or a way to use something else (e.g. Markdown)?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Tepper June 8, 2022

When I checked on this in February 2022, I was told by Atlassian support that it is not supported in Jira Cloud with Jira Align. I hope it is added one day :)

Unfortunately, Jira Cloud currently can't sync Rich-Text / HTML with Jira Align yet, so you must sync plain text (Jira Server/DC make it possible using HTML plug-ins).

You can enable the feature toggle 26 on Jira Align to enable the RIch-Text editor for Stories, Defects, Tasks, and Objectives. But that may cause unwanted tags/markups on Jira.
To enable the FT26, go to [redacted link] and choose it from the dropdown, and click Enable Feature.

About the RTF on Features (Jira Epics), unfortunately, they do not support the RIch-Text formatting, unless when in sync with Jira Server/DC. There's already an idea/request in our ideation portal about it: [redacted dead link] 

Best Regards
Enio Marques
Atlassian Support

1 vote
Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

Hi Paul,
Formatting is supported in Jira Align. Depending on what area you are working with and some of the Administration configuration options, the type of formatting available can be different.
I recommend that for your issue you raise a Support ticket so that we can work out what's occurring specifically for you.

Regards
Heidi

Paul Tepper February 10, 2022

Ok - someone on my team raised a support ticket. Is there any documentation on it?

Paul Tepper February 15, 2022

I talked to support and it's not supported in Jira Cloud, I'll have to post my own answer

1 vote
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2022

Check out this community posting for links to possible solutions.  Link 

Paul Tepper February 9, 2022

Sorry, I don't understand how this is related to my question.

I want to be able to format text in Jira Align descriptions. I can't figure out if this functionality is supported or not (seems like it's not).

This posting seems to be pointing out a bug where HTML tags show up where the user does not want them to show up.

Please let me know if I'm missing something that you saw there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events