Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Do you use Jira Align: Yes or No?? (Plus stats!)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

The Jira Align Avocate Badge is live (HERE) and as a someone who has no need of Jira Align in my daily work, I was a bit stumped on what to do for Task 1...

Then I got some inspiration from my awesome fellow Community Leader @Kat Warner (HERE) who told me some super interesting insights into New Zealand's Enterprise characteristics... so here's my Jira Align question to help build some knowledge I can use/share as a community leader:

DOES YOUR COMPANY USE JIRA ALIGN?

1. NO:
    1. If not, why not?
    2. How many employees are there in your organisation?
  2. YES:
    1. How many employees are there in your organisation?
    2. How many of those use Atlassian tools regularly (at least 3-5 days a week)?
    3. How many of those are using Jira Align?
    4. How has Jira Align helped your organisation when it comes to performance (client satisfaction, better management of projects, improved development,  increased revenue etc. etc.) ??

Looking forward to everyone's awesome answers!

JiraAlign.png

9 answers

9 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

It looks to me like Jira Align is really targeted at BIG shops. We have about 50 people in our organization that use Jira. We just started to use Portfolio and are really liking it, but I don't see us needing to go beyond that for a while ... maybe even never.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

The Jira Align Solutions Architects use Jira Align to manage our work both internally and externally!  

Internally we use Jira Align to manage our clients that we are helping to install Jira Align.  We continue to experiment with the Jira, Trello and Confluence integrations to help with visibility and tracking. 

Watch for future articles on how Atlassian uses Jira Align!

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

@Tom O_Connor You are awesome!

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

We currently do not use Jira Align.  We only have ~130 people in our company.  I do need to do some more research to see if Jira Align is something that would make sense for us, and how we would use it.

1 vote
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2020

@Andy - PTC Redundant

I don't currently use Jira Align, but I am excited about trial, and resources I have read so far. Waiting for webinars now!!!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2020

Within our organisation of 15 people we have not had the need to use Jira Align to manage our program of work however as Atlassian Solution partners we need to e well versed in all of the products Atlassian offers.

While there are special requirements to be able to offer and work with customers to roll out Jira Align that we do not yet meet, I'd like to be able to refer customers to Atlassian is this solution is right for them.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2020

First to answer here :)

1. Have to say NO

1.1. We just started over two years ago implementing JIRA in our company and want to improve our team work - why not see next answer 

1.2. As we are round about 250 people working on system right now - 2800 in whole group it may be an interesting solution in future

šŸ„‘

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 9, 2020

šŸ„‘

Like ā€¢ BJ Miller likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2020

Till now, we haven't used Jira Align but I have just started gathering information on how it can help us.

Will be looking at this thread to see answers from those who are already using Jira Align.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

The Jira Align Content Design Team does use Jira Align on a daily basis! We're a team of only three, but we use Jira Align to keep track of and document the work that many more teams in our organization are developing. It lets us get a quick and easy look at just what we'll need to document, and then plan ahead to make sure that it all gets completed!

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

I'd love to see how you're using it sometime, @Emily Koch !

Like ā€¢ Emily Koch likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2020

We currently do not use Jira Align, but I'm looking into it. It feels like you'd need to be fairly vested into default configurations at first glance.

Is this available for server/datacenter? Everything I've seen is cloud.

We have ~500 employees currently.

Regards,
Steven

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

Hi @Steven Mustari

Jira Align is a SaaS product, but can integrate with Server, Data Center or Cloud instances of Jira. In select instances, there is an on-prem offering.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

BJ 

(Sr Enterprise Advocate for Align)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events