In preparation for integrating projects in Jira with Jira Align, it is necessary to confirm that the fields that will be synced between the two are present on the Create and Edit screens in Jira for each of the issue types.
When an item is created or edited in Jira Align and then syncs to Jira, the synced fields need to be present in Jira for the connector to pass the info through. If these fields are not present, syncs from Jira Align to Jira will fail.
Perform the following steps in Jira for each issue type.
1. Navigate to a project that will be integrated
2. Click Project Settings and then Screens
3. Select the Screen listed for Create Issue or Edit issue
4. Confirm appropriate fields are listed. These are the minimum fields to sync from Jira Align to Jira. There could be more fields listed.
5. If a field isn't listed, use the dropdown at the bottom to add the missing field
For projects that do not share the same Screen Schemes, the steps above will need to be repeated for those projects
Fields that are not synced between Jira Align and Jira cannot be marked as required in Jira.
If an item is created in Jira Align and there is a required field in Jira that does not sync with Jira Align, the sync will fail and the item will not be created in Jira. This is because Jira is looking for the connector to pass this info from Jira Align but it doesn't exist in Jira Align. Since Jira sees this as a required field for creation, it will not create it. This is most common with custom fields.
Perform the following steps in Jira.
1. Click on the Settings cog
2. Select Issues
3. Select Field configurations
4. Select the appropriate Field Configuration
5. Review the list and confirm any fields that are marked as required are fields that can be synced. Reference list above. If fields are not synced via the connector, they must be changed to Optional.
Rae GibbsAtlassian Team
(Or, What to expect when you’re expanding.) Once you've completed your Jumpstart, or your initial assessment of Jira Align, you'll start to think about how you can roll it out to the rest of your e...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events