This article is designed to get Jira Align to Jira Cloud connectivity up and going quickly.
1) In Jira Align, click on the Administration Gear in the bottom left.
2) Click on Connectors > Jira Settings in the second column.
3) Click on the Jira Connectors button in the main pane.
4) Fill out the Jira Connector as follows:
5) Once the above has been filled out, click Generate New Key and copy it to your clipboard.
6) Click Save at the bottom of the Connector window.
7) Login to Jira, click the Settings cog in the top right, and select Products.
Note: Alternatively, you can click on any whitespace in Jira and press "." and search for Application Links.
8) On the left column, under Integrations, click Application Links.
9) Enter the Jira Align URL (https://__.jiraalign.com) in the field and click Create New Link.
10) Jira Cloud may complain there was no response. Just click Continue.
11) Fill out the Application Name with something descriptive.
12) Click the Pencil to edit the newest application.
13) Fill out the Consumer Key with the same one used in Step 4.
14) Paste the OAuth Public Key you copied from Step 5.
15) Scroll down and click Save.
16) Go back to the Jira Align Connector window from step 4.
17) Click Authorize Jira OAuth Access.
Note: You will see this request go through 3 steps and will refresh several times. It will take a few minutes for this process to complete.
Note: If you are having trouble with this step, make sure that the Consumer Key matches on both sides and contains no spaces or symbols.
In addition, check that the OAuth Public Key are an exact match on both sides.
Lastly, make sure that the Application URL configured in the Jira Application Link is correct without any typos.
18) Once the OAuth access setup has completed, click Request Jira for access.
Note: Make sure you are logged into Jira Cloud as the Jira Service Account in another tab of the same browser.
19) You'll be taken to another tab asking you to allow the application to have access. Click Allow.
20) This is how OAuth in Jira Align will look when the process is completed:
21) Click Save on the bottom of the Connector window.
22) One final test to confirm connectivity is the Test Now button at the bottom of the Jira Connector window. You may need to scroll down to see it.
Note: This test doesn't automatically refresh like OAuth did so you'll need to close and reopen the connector window periodically. This test also takes a few minutes to complete.
23) Click Activate on the bottom of the Connector window.
24) Now that you are connected, you can sync a test project.
Additional related articles:
James McCulleyAtlassian Team
Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event