The Jira Align Connector test was successful and authentication is setup (Basic Auth or OAuth 1.0a). Now it's time to sync a project!
Note: By default, the Jira Align Connector will search the default issue types (Epic, Story, Sub-Task, Bug). If your organization is using a different name or custom issue type, that would need to be configured in the Connector before Jira Align would be able to search for it.
1) In Jira Align, go to Admin > Connectors > Jira Settings > Jira Setup.
2) Set Timer on Jira Boards > Interval in Minutes to 1.
Set Timer on Jira Issues > Interval in Minutes to 1.
3) Click Save at the bottom.
4) In Jira, grab the Project Key.
You can see this key under "Project Settings" within the Project.
The key will also show up in your browser address bar when you click on a project in Jira.
5A) Also in Jira Cloud, we'll need to grab some IDs.
5A.1) Go to Project Settings (Project > Project Settings)
5A.2) Go to Issue Types
5A.3) Hover over Story, Bug, Epic, Sub-Task and copy down the numbers
5A.4) Click search box top right
5A.5) Click advanced issue search
Note: Switch to JQL if not already there
5A.6) Erase what's in the search box
5A.7) Type in "epic" and don't press enter
5A.8) Copy down Epic Name and Epic Link numbers
5A.9) Type in "story" and don't press enter
5A.10) Copy down Story Point Estimate number
5A.11) Type in "sprin" and don't press enter
5A.12) Copy down Sprint number
5B) Or in Jira Data Center, we'll need to grab some IDs.
5B.1) Go to Project Settings (Administration > Projects > Select a Project)
5B.2) Click on Summary under Project Settings.
5B.3) Under the Issue Types Section, hover over Story, Bug, Epic, Sub-Task and copy down the numbers.
5B.4) Click on Fields in the 2nd menu column.
5B.5) For each of these names, hover over the link under the Screens column and copy down the numbers: Epic Name, Epic Link, Story Point, Sprint
6) In Jira Align, Go to Admin > Connectors > Jira Settings > Manage Projects.
7) Click Add Project.
8) Type in the Project Key and Project Name. Click Save.
9) In Jira Align, go to Admin > Connectors > Jira Settings > Jira Setup.
9.1) Set Issue Type IDs based on Step 5.3.
9.2) Set Custom Field IDs based on Steps 5.8, 5.10, 5.12.
Note: For Custom Field in Jira Align it will be "customfield_<ID>"
10) In Jira, go to an issue in the project and change the description or add a comment.
11) Wait a minute or so and search in Jira Align (top right corner) for your Project Key from earlier.
12) Click on the issue and click on View in Jira in the right pane to take you back to Jira.
James McCulleyAtlassian Team
(Or, What to expect when you’re expanding.) Once you've completed your Jumpstart, or your initial assessment of Jira Align, you'll start to think about how you can roll it out to the rest of your e...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events