The Jira Align Connector test was successful and authentication is setup (Basic Auth or OAuth 1.0a). Now it's time to sync a project!
Just a word of caution -- if you are a brand new Jira Align customer, it's strongly advised to sync a project with a minimal amount of issues in it. We're just verifying that we can sync a few issues. Your Solution Architect will be able to walk you through a full import at a later time.
1) Login to Jira Cloud or Jira Data Center.
2) In Jira Software, grab the Project Key and Project Name.
Skip to 6, if you are using Jira Server or Data Center.
Now, we'll need to grab some IDs.
3) Go to Project Settings (Project > Project Settings).
4) Go to Issue Types.
5) Click on Story, Bug, Epic, Sub-Task and copy down the numbers you see in the URL in your browser's address bar.
Note: If you are using
Skip to 9, if you are using Jira Cloud.
6) Go to Project Settings (Administration > Projects > Select a Project)
7) Click on Summary under Project Settings.
8) Under the Issue Types Section, hover over Story, Bug, Epic, Sub-Task and copy down the numbers.
Skip to 16, if you are using Jira Server or Data Center.
9) Click search box top right
10) Click advanced issue search
Note: Switch to JQL if not already there
11) Erase what's in the search box
12) Type in "epic" and don't press enter. Copy down Epic Name and Epic Link numbers.
13) Type in "sprin" and don't press enter. Copy down Sprint number.
14) If you are using Next-Gen Projects (Team-Managed), you can type in "story" and copy down the Story Point Estimate number.
15) If you are using Classic Projects (Company-Managed), you'll need to go to Settings (top right) > Issues > Custom Fields > Story Points > 3 Dots on Far Right > Contexts and Default Value and copy the ID in the URL in your browser.
Skip to 19, if you are using Jira Cloud.
16) Go to Project Settings (Administration > Projects > Select a Project)
17) Click on Fields in the 2nd menu column.
18) For each of these names, hover over the link under the Screens column and copy down the numbers: Epic Name, Epic Link, Story Point, Sprint
19) In Jira Align, go to Admin > Connectors > Jira Settings > Jira Setup.
20) Set Timer on Jira Boards > Interval in Minutes to 1.
21) Set Timer on Jira Issues > Interval in Minutes to 1.
22) Click Save at the bottom.
23) In Jira Align, Go to Admin > Connectors > Jira Settings > Manage Projects.
24) Click Add Project.
25) Type in the Project Key and Project Name. Click Save.
Examples (be sure to use your own IDs):
James McCulleyAtlassian Team
The roadmap challenge for large scale agile enterprises Regardless of the agile framework you use, the agile enterprise has a massive scale with the challenge to connect hundreds of teams and thous...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events