How to modify forms

Bruce Anderson _Administrator_ March 1, 2022

While we are able to modify and create fields, I see now way to be able to modify the default form, or create a new one.  Can anyone explain what I am missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2022

Hi Bruce,

Forms are 'connected' to Assist Queues.

If you navigate to Assist Settings → Forms, this page will just show a list of all existing forms that are connected to queues.

To edit existing or create a new form, go to Settings → Queues. Now open a queue (just click to queue name) to which you want to add a form. Then, in the left navigation pane click on Forms and you'll be able to create new forms for that queue or edit existing one(s).

Fletcher Richman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2022

Yup! To add a bit more detail here - Halp has the concept of Queues, which are basically the service desks for different teams at your company (IT Queue, HR Queue, etc). 

Configuration for things like forms, fields, and statuses is on a queue by queue basis. So each Queue has a default form, and a set of Slack/Teams channels that are connected to that Queue. You can go into the Queue and edit the default form for that Queue, as well as add new forms and choose to have those forms be required or not for the channels connected to that Queue. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Mark Koekemoer March 13, 2023

I am trying to modify the form for issues submitted via Slack, on linked Jira queues. 

I can't find the "Assist" platform in our Jira workspace, I only have the Halp platform. And in Halp, there is no option to edit a form - see attached. What am I missing? Where do I edit forms in Jira for linked queues?

I want to be able to modify the form presented to a user in Slack when they create a ticket. 

CleanShot 2023-03-13 at 15.34.09.png

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2023

Hi Mark,

I think that once you connect Jira with Halp, a form that opens up in Slack is actually Create issue screen in Jira. From what I know, you cannot create custom forms in Halp if you're using Halp - Jira sync.

So, to modify the form that Slack user sees when opening a new ticket, you'll have to modify the Create issue screen that's actually opening this new Jira issue.

Note - I think that was how it used to work like year or so ago. I'm currently setting up new integration between Halp and Jira (as I've switched companies since then), so I can test/confirm this as soon as the integration is ready for testing.

Update - confirming that form visible in Slack is actually Create issue screen in Jira. In fact, when you're connecting Jira project to a queue, you'll get a warning popup saying that some items can only be configured in Jira.

Halp_integration_warning.png

Additionally, some Jira fields might not be supported in Halp and you'll see the list of those fields after you click Continue in previous popup.connection_results.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events