Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Triage Channel

Bruce Anderson _Administrator_ March 1, 2022

We are new to Halp, and loving it so far.  One issue we have though, is when we set it up we selected a channel for the triage channel that is used for other things.  We wish to change the triage channel now, but can't see a way to do that.  Can anyone confirm how that is possible?  I didn't want to uninstall and reinstall.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2022

Hi Bruce,

To use a different Slack channel as a triage channel, simply invite the Assist app to the channel you wish to set as a new triage channel. For that, you can use /invite @Assist command in that Slack channel.

Now you'll have two triage channels - the new one where you've just added the Assist app, and the 'old' one that you don't want to use as a triage channel.

The last step would be to remove the Assist app from the channel you don't wish to use as a triage channel anymore. To do that, simply use /remove @Assist command in channel chat.

Hope this helps!

Leigh Wolf March 29, 2022

And how would you do this for teams?

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Hi @Leigh Wolf

We're mainly Slack users and I don't have app permission granting rights for Office, but as far as I could tell, once you follow the instructions to install Assist for Teams and set up a queue in Teams, by navigating to that team and going to Manage team -> Apps and by uninstalling the Assist app from the team, this team won't be considered as Triage or Request team anymore. After that, you can repeat the steps to set up a queue to the same or some other team where, during the setup, you'll be asked if you want to use that team as a Request or Triage team.

I'm not 100% sure that will work as I cannot test it on our site, but that's my best bet it will work.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Nadim Mouawad March 9, 2023

is there a possible way to filter the request types and show certain requests in corresponding slack channels?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events