It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is there no badge for submitting bug reports about the products? Edited

The badge system is a nice idea to encourage community activity.

I just would like to ask why submitting bug reports is no such encouraged activity? As soon as I want to submit a bug I get transported to Tech Support which is completely disconnected from the rest.

I think a bug reporter badge would be a great Idea (on) for the community to actually help improve the products we work everyday with.

regards,
Helge

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It's a nice idea for a badge, but I foresee one significant problem - most bug reports are duplicates, and Atlassian are trying to cur down on duplicates by discouraging these. 

Naturally, I suspect the best idea would only to grant badges to people who report new bugs, but then we'd need a mechanism to grant badges when they're accepted as new, or to remove a badge when something is spotted as a duplicate.  And there are fuzzy cases where some get merged!

Yeah, I guess Badges would encourage submitting Bugs. But nevertheless, even if they are duplicates they are worth beeing submitted anyway because it adds to the metrics HOW OFTEN a bug hits people. This is valuable information to prioritize work on closing bugs.

Atlassian measure that by looking at the votes and volume of comment on the main bug.  i'm not sure I'd bother with a badge that says "I have this bug too" - I'd only really value the new bugs I'd not had before.

But it's always worth voting on bugs to tell Atlassian you're seeing them too.

Like Monique vdB likes this
0 votes

It would also be nice for partner accreditations and certifications to be reflected in badges but those are recorded elsewhere too.

Have you see the bounty page? Money > virtual badges for some people.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Feedback & Announcements

We want to talk to customers who have received 'non-technical' help from Atlassian Support

Hi Atlassian Community! Have you ever reached out to Atlassian for any non-technical related questions? Maybe you had a question about a bill, or needed help with account management, or had a licen...

200 views 2 18
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you