Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no badge for submitting bug reports about the products?

Helge February 13, 2019

The badge system is a nice idea to encourage community activity.

I just would like to ask why submitting bug reports is no such encouraged activity? As soon as I want to submit a bug I get transported to Tech Support which is completely disconnected from the rest.

I think a bug reporter badge would be a great Idea (on) for the community to actually help improve the products we work everyday with.

regards,
Helge

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

It's a nice idea for a badge, but I foresee one significant problem - most bug reports are duplicates, and Atlassian are trying to cur down on duplicates by discouraging these. 

Naturally, I suspect the best idea would only to grant badges to people who report new bugs, but then we'd need a mechanism to grant badges when they're accepted as new, or to remove a badge when something is spotted as a duplicate.  And there are fuzzy cases where some get merged!

Helge February 13, 2019

Yeah, I guess Badges would encourage submitting Bugs. But nevertheless, even if they are duplicates they are worth beeing submitted anyway because it adds to the metrics HOW OFTEN a bug hits people. This is valuable information to prioritize work on closing bugs.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

Atlassian measure that by looking at the votes and volume of comment on the main bug.  i'm not sure I'd bother with a badge that says "I have this bug too" - I'd only really value the new bugs I'd not had before.

But it's always worth voting on bugs to tell Atlassian you're seeing them too.

Like Monique vdB likes this
0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 13, 2019

It would also be nice for partner accreditations and certifications to be reflected in badges but those are recorded elsewhere too.

Have you see the bounty page? Money > virtual badges for some people.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events