Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to delete worklogs using Advanced Field Editing?

Titus.c March 31, 2021

I am trying to create an automation rule which automatically takes the time logged on a Sub-task and moves it to the parent issue.

So far, I've managed to achieve everything I wanted apart from removing that particular instance of logged work. I don't mind if I do this through changing the time spent on the issue or delete the log entry itself, I'm just trying to achieve this regardless of the means.

I've attached a screenshot of the Automation. I've tried multiple approaches on the Advanced Issue field edit, but nothing's worked so far. It might just boil down to me not being very well versed in the ways of JSON language, but I am hoping to find some assistance here. All suggestions welcome! :) 

Automation.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Titus.c 

I do not believe that is possible with automation yet.  Here is a suggestion to add the feature:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1648

Looking over the advanced edit with JSON functions, you could structure an update with a remove, although I am unclear if that would work.  It seems the only way to do this currently is through the UX by deleting from the history list.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events