Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search within a page?

Jonathan Watkins April 19, 2018

As a consumer of community content I want to be able to search within a "product" or "group" in the community, but it seems the search is global (across all community content). 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 19, 2018

@Jonathan Watkins you can browse tags in any collection in the sidebar, or construct your own query using a parameterized URL. For example, here are posts in the Jira collection with the "cloud" tag: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/cloud/tg-p/category-id/jira

There are also lots of options for filtering your feed on the community homepage, if you haven't tried that yet! More on that here.

@Monique vdB Thanks... I think this makes sense but doesn't really help my specific use case.

In this instance, I'm trying to look through previous questions asked to the Trello community page: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello/ct-p/trello to see if my question has been answered already... but there's no search box or tags for me to search against... I think I'm looking for a natural language search anyway, not a tag search. Just feels like there should be. Sounds like it's not something Atlassian has implemented.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2018

Can you go to the tag list Monique mentioned and do "Control - F" to perform a search?

-Scott

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 19, 2018

@Jonathan Watkins I see what you're saying -- we do have a ticket in the backlog to restrict search by collection, because we know that would be useful! It's just not implemented today.

I would just search your question using the word "trello" in your search and if you don't find anything that looks right, you're safe to ask. 

@Scott Theus The tag list for JIRA or...? The link to the tags for Tello span multiple pages... CTRL-F also just brings up my browser search... i want to search within the full discussion of the questions asked and answers.... Am I over complicating this?

Like Tashomi Balfour likes this

@Monique vdB Got it! Thanks.

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2018

And on behalf of everyone who answers questions that are routinely asked....

image.png

Thanks for looking first!

Like Susanne Uhlan likes this
1 vote
Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 19, 2018

@Jonathan Watkins and @Scott Theus and @Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_ our dev just told me there's a workaround for this! Here's how to search in the Trello category. Just change the bolded part to whatever you want!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=board&location=category:trello

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 19, 2018

Thanks @Tyler T 👍🏼

1 vote
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2018

You should be able to click "Explore" to filter by products, interests, and groups. I haven't found a tag cloud yet....

-Scott

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 19, 2018
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2018

Awesome, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events