Badges from Atlassian University can be added in the Community of Atlassian?

Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2022

Badges from Atlassian University can be added in the Community of Atlassian?

If yes, how?

Federica

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2022
Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2022

@Ivan Lima I see only this - no idea how to add the course I did in https://university.atlassian.com/student/plan. Could you help?  University tab in atlassian community.jpg

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

You need to link your account by clicking on the "connect" button.

• You can link the account also from the University tab by clicking the Connect button on Already certified? block
  • Read and accept the service agreement
  • After linking, your certifications will be displayed on the University tab, as well as a number of certifications will be shown on the Profile page.

Try that. It should work once you get your account linked.

Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2022

@Ivan Lima In my previous update I aded the wrong image. This is what I see. I am already linked. But the link is for the Portal certification not for the atlassian university. In the document you shared with me it is possible to share also badge from atlassian university . How can I do from the page I see, as in the image attached?University tab.jpg

Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2022

@Ivan Lima any feedback how to do it?

Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2022

@Ivan Lima are there other people that can help me to fix this problem?

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2022

Hi @Federica Marchetti, it might take a couple of days for the certs to show up. It happened to me. However, if your certs haven't shown up after a few days, I suggest raising a ticket with Atlassian through the Support Desk since linking the credentials with your community profile should be straightforward.

Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
November 10, 2022

@Ivan Lima Thanks a lot, indeed I think there is some problem in my configuration. I will raise the ticket. May I ask you the link for the support Desk you refer? 

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2022
Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2022

@Ivan Lima Thanks I will do it

Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2022

@Ivan Lima I open the ticket but it request em to fill in the Certmetrics account ID* and Email Addresses* .

What is it Certmetrics account ID*? and where to find it?

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2022
Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2022

@Ivan Lima 

Hi Lima,

1. The cernetrics is connected with the https://www.certmetrics.com/atlassian/, this is the Atlassian Portal where Atlassian people can take the Certification.

2. Atlassian has also the Atlassian University, https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog, where people can gain badges and others.

As you see Atlassian has 2 different places.

The "University tab" in Atlassian Community is for 1 or 2 or for both (1 and 2)? Only you and the administrator of the Atlassian community know this.

What I try to achieve is to add my badges I took in the https://university.atlassian.com/, is this possible?

Or the "University tab" in Atlassian Community is connected only with 1?

Waiting for your feedback. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2022

#1) The Certmetrics portal picks up the user you're logged in to. It's not reserved for Atlassian people but for anyone who takes the certification. 

#2) Yes. They are different places but linked when you're using the same email

To make a successful connection to your Atlassian ID, your Atlassian Certification Portal (CertMetrics) account should reflect the same email (in either the Personal or Work email field) as your Atlassian Community account. Otherwise, Learner Profile Service won’t be able to find your Certifications and Skills Badges.

Suppose you're still facing an issue connecting your Atlassian Certification Portal with your Atlassian Community account, assuming you're using the same email, I recommend raising a ticket, as I mentioned.

Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2022

@Ivan Lima thanks for sharing my Personal or Work email were different. I changed with the Atlassian ID. Let see if this fix the problem

Julia
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2022

@Federica Marchetti , @Ivan Lima ,

Right now, Atlassian University Badges can't be displayed on the University tab in Community.  Atlassian is building the integration to make that possible.  We don't know exactly when it will roll out. 

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2022

Thanks for jumping in, @Julia; that makes sense. I have all the badges from pro skills badges or skill builders courses, which link to CertMetrics and, therefore, appear on the University tab in the Community.

Federica Marchetti
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2022

@Ivan Lima Thanks for all your support and trying.

@Julia Thanks this is very good information to know, then I will give up to figure out if it is my problem. We should MAKE this VERY CLEAR!!! like this is not clear at all , it seems the Atlassian Community can show Atlassian University badges with the info we have, and the tab "University" does not help to clarify

Atlassian University Badges can't be displayed on the University tab in Community.  

@Julia Atlassian is building the integration to make that possible. Do we have a deadline for this integration? some expectation?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events