It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Description for all badges should be available even those we haven't earned

If I look at my profile page, I see badge and description for only those badges I have earned

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2834535?show=badges#details

I think it would be better if all descriptions at least are seen so I can see what all badges are available and only enable the badges I have earned

That is fine

1 comment

Hi @Partha Mandayam 

When I look in your profil, I can see all available badges. The ones you have already earned, and the ones, you didn't earnearned_badges.png

I know. You're not getting my point.

I just want all the descriptions to be visible for all badges, even those I haven't earned.

Those badges, which are light gray (level 3 / level 4 / level 5 / ...), you have not earned yet.

I know but why don't you make at least the descriptions available so I know what they are. You can keep the badges as gray - just enable the description.

I get your point. The descriptions are not very detailed, but in my opinion, that's the exciting factor :) 

Like Partha Mandayam likes this

I've seen this but it would be easier if everything was visible in my profile

I agree, I'm not able to get past the level 3 badge, im active and should be progressing.

Hi @Jesse Todd 

I don't think with just 5 post (at the moment) you should get to level 3. 

I think this is also done consciously, so people don't only go on badge collection. After all, it's about getting help from the community, and not how much badges you have earned.

good to know, thanks.

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Feedback & Announcements

High-fives all around!

In this post, we’re celebrating users who have gotten five accepted answers on the Atlassian Community. These folks are not only fabulous and helpful humans, they are our future Community Leaders! ...

684 views 47 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you