Description for all badges should be available even those we haven't earned

Partha Mandayam March 31, 2019

If I look at my profile page, I see badge and description for only those badges I have earned

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2834535?show=badges#details

I think it would be better if all descriptions at least are seen so I can see what all badges are available and only enable the badges I have earned

That is fine

1 comment

Comment

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Hi @Partha Mandayam 

When I look in your profil, I can see all available badges. The ones you have already earned, and the ones, you didn't earnearned_badges.png

Partha Mandayam April 1, 2019

I know. You're not getting my point.

I just want all the descriptions to be visible for all badges, even those I haven't earned.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Those badges, which are light gray (level 3 / level 4 / level 5 / ...), you have not earned yet.

Partha Mandayam April 1, 2019

I know but why don't you make at least the descriptions available so I know what they are. You can keep the badges as gray - just enable the description.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2019

I get your point. The descriptions are not very detailed, but in my opinion, that's the exciting factor :) 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 3, 2019

@Partha Mandayam the article linked at the top of the badge page has more legible instructions. :)

Like Partha Mandayam likes this
Partha Mandayam April 3, 2019

I've seen this but it would be easier if everything was visible in my profile

Deleted user April 11, 2019

I agree, I'm not able to get past the level 3 badge, im active and should be progressing.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2019

Hi @[deleted] 

I don't think with just 5 post (at the moment) you should get to level 3. 

I think this is also done consciously, so people don't only go on badge collection. After all, it's about getting help from the community, and not how much badges you have earned.

Deleted user April 11, 2019

good to know, thanks.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events