Embrace Remote challenge badge is now live!

We’re all learning (very quickly) the importance of embracing remote work! We spun up this badge to help keep the conversation going and to thank everyone for their great contributions to the topic of working remotely.

Embrace remote tiny.png

To earn this badge, start a conversation or write an article around the theme #embrace-remote, or participate in one of the discussions already going on!

It may take a bit for your badge to come through, so please give us 24 hours and after that, feel free to let us know below and give us a link to your contribution.

Keep Calm and Remote On, friends. 💙

46 comments

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2020

Hugs to everyone who's working from home for the first time!

I'm currently part of what feels like the orchestra on the Titanic - helping us evacuate our corporate office to their homes before I make the move at the end of the week. Fortunately I already have a super cozy space that I work from remotely intermittently. 

Thanks for the extra badge @Monique vdB !

Like # people like this
Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2020
Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2020
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2020

Hate working from home... hate working remotely... hate this badge.... hate this situation... hate that i can't embrace it... hate, hate, hate.

Wow.
The Fun Man has died guys, rotted to the core by this global pandemic.
☠⚰💀🍎💔

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2020

But... still making the most of it... our first online event is now up & running!

Hope people can make it!

https://ace.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-rotterdam-presents-working-at-home-efficiently-virtual-webinar-series-1-tips-tricks/#/

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020

You guys keep posting badge challenges and I keep wanting to have them all...

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020

I have personally been working from home for about 4 years now. It took me a good year to get fully adjusted to the point where I now really enjoy it. At first I was not nearly as productive as I was unfocused but now I am WAY more productive and have learned how to effectively take breaks and not work from sun up to sun down every day. :-)

Now associated w/ the current horrible situation in today's world I am finding a new opportunity to help others in my company prepare for remote work. I am proud to say that my company is doing, what I believe to be, an amazing job at preparing for all aspects of what is and what could be. We have an telecommuting initiative underway moving any employees that can, to home offices. I am working to establish and communicate best practices for both remote workers as well as managers of remote workers.

I attempted to post my tips into Jodi's article but having issues doing so.

Like Liam Green likes this
Andréia Gonçalves March 19, 2020

I live in São Paulo - BR and the company I work for, iDev Soluções, which already adopted a home office in some sporadic moments, fully incorporated this practice since Monday for all employees, valuing our health and everyone in this critical period .
Adaptation to daily remote work is flowing well. The teams I work with are used to remote meetings, including the longest ones. We are a Scrum team and we perform all ceremonies with remote tools, interacting normally as if we were together in person.
The yield remains the same, without major impacts.
In particular, I miss human / physical contact, eye to eye. Here in Brazil we love hugs, physical contact, but right now, the best we have to do is to respect the guidelines aimed at the health of all of us!
# embrace-remote

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020

I've just found this awesome article on how to stay connected when working from home https://www.atlassian.com/blog/teamwork/virtual-team-building-activities-remote-teams

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020
Michael Soh _AUG_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2020
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

@Monique vdB   This is an interesting badge and topic,  I found my self in even  much more productive  mood and i am able to do  more  during my work time.  I have not gotten my  badge  yet :D

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2020

@Monique vdB : Badge me baby A.U.B. ! 😇🙏

Like Bridget likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2020
Irina Sanikovich _StiltSoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 24, 2020

Hi @Monique vdB ,

I posted an article today https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-articles/Remote-Working-or-Stay-the-Home-Challenge/ba-p/1331065, however, after I edited this article (there was some problem with the picture and emoji) its status changed to IN MODERATION. How long will it take to publish it?

Thank you,

Irina

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 24, 2020

@Irina Sanikovich _StiltSoft_ it looks like it's out of moderation now!

@Bridget is the badge-awarder for this one ;) 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2020

Hi @Monique vdB here's my post for this month's badge challenge :)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-articles/Tips-and-Tricks-for-Teleworking-and-Remote-Virtual-Teams/ba-p/1327674

Forgot to tag @Bridget as the badge-awarder :)

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

Done! I think I responded somewhere.. on good @Jodi LeBlanc post for example :)

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2020
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2020

Hey!

I wrote this article twice because the first time round I closed the window :P 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-articles/Learning-to-wash-your-hands-shouldn-t-be-the-only-thing-you/ba-p/1342363

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2020

Hey @Monique vdB & @Bridget !

I wrote an article on few online tools available to work remotely over #embrace-remote

Here is the link to the article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-articles/Tools-that-can-be-used-while-working-remotely/ba-p/1349939

Like # people like this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2020

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events