Community release notes for September 7, 2017

Courtesy of our dev @Tyler Tadej:

• New: Added icon for our brand-new Stride collection
  • New: Add collections for HipChat Cloud & HipChat Data Center
  • New: For Champions, a 'Preview' tab has been added in the Create Article editor
  • Updated: 'Watch' and 'Like' buttons are now active for logged-out users; when clicked users will go through the sign-in flow and return to the same page
  • Updated: Minor copy updates here and there

We also made some updates to our editor that should clear up some of the issues users were having posting HTML and getting their messages flagged as spam. Please let us know if you've seen improvements! A couple of important notes:

• Known issue: If a discussion post contains only an image, or starts with an image, it may result in an error message. This applies to discussions only, not Q&A. Try including some text before the image.
  • Known issue: The "check for inappropriate language or spam" message is still popping up for users occasionally. We are updating this message on Monday so it will be more clear that the issue is likely to be HTML, not inappropriate language or spam.
  • Known issue: @Jack Brickey and others have reported a potential issue if a post contains an @ mention. If you run into this error or any other errors, please continue to report them in our public Jira! Please tell us:
      • What error are you getting?
      • What content are you trying to post? 
      • Does it include HTML, or an @ mention? If yes, was it cut-and-pasted from elsewhere?
      • Where are you trying to post it (as a question, discussion, reply, comment, etc.)

As always, let us know any feedback or issues you see, and if you'll be at Summit, stop by the lounge and say hi to Tyler (and me) in person!

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2017

Tyler, added a new error scenario into the public jira ticket. Sure seems to be related to the @ mention. HA....and when i tried to @ mention Tyler here it faile too. I think it is happening 100% of the time for me.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events